Monday, April 16, 2018

Nelbert Musings + Scripting + Kavinsky ━━✫・*。

I've been listening to  a lot of Kavinsky lately. A LOT.

No more pink hair for Nel. It was kind of annoying me. I'm not sure why because I love the colour pink. I think I just got sick of it, so she became a brunette. She's supposed to be in her early twenties.
Nel does have a baby face, but I think that works really well with her husband, Hubert.
They look good together. A perfect pair.
(Nel and Hubert ♡Nelbert♡ resting at the hideout.)

A while back I made Hubert custom body textures and normal maps. I wanted something smoother with less muscle, softer. It took me some time in Photoshop but the results are what I wanted as I wasn't able to find soft male body textures for SOS that I liked. I took parts of textures I liked and blended and blended. He's pretty seamless now too which makes me a happy girl, and his hands are a lot nicer. I do have Hubert set up with an SOS body, full collisions, HDT, and a custom tweaked XMPSE skeleton fitted just for him. It's a ton of work but it's a fun hobby and if you know anything from my blog, it's that I'm smitten with Hubert. He's my husbando!

Oh, and I made a custom normal map mash-up for Nel that isn't in the above pic. I thought her original normal map blend made her look a bit too smooth. She still looks like a young early twenties woman, but I didn't want to go overboard and eliminate every detail. Like Hubert, Nel is a custom Breton. I cobbled together a race a few months back for her and here she is. I still haven't settled on a hairstyle.

I'm thinking about doing more scripting. Strangely, I miss it.
Updated: I did do some scripting and for another Hubert quest (of course). It's a fun and sweet quest. I'm happy with how it turned out. I will write more about it soon. I think I have just over ten quests now and about a dozen scripts I wrote myself. I like to try and script often enough that I can keep up with learning and embedding as much papyrus into my mind. It's challenging stuff and yet when you get the result you wanted and see it in game before your eyes, it's the best feeling ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment